Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Pregnancy: Weeks 14-16

Since I didn't get my First Trimester Recap up until this past week, I have a few weeks to catch up on! So far the second trimester is tending to be easier than the first, although not all of my symptoms have gone away. Let's get to the recap of the past three weeks!

Week 14:
Baby: The size of a large lemon, about 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces. 

Weight: Still down two pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.


Maternity Clothes: Still in my regular clothes, although sometimes I'm using the rubber band trick on my jeans and work pants.

Boy or Girl: Still don't know. More people have guessed girl than boy, but they haven't offered any reason other than a feeling.

Cravings: Not really, but I'm definitely eating a wider variety of foods. 


Aversions: Same as always: Doritos and Mexican food.


Exercise: The What to Expect When You're Expecting DVD workoutsTracy Anderson's Precision Toning arms workout, some evening walks.

Symptoms: The morning sickness finally started to ease up--yay! Still have the horrible taste in mouth and lots of fatigue.

Anything Noteworthy: The official start of the Second Trimester! We went and bought the dresser I picked out for the nursery and got it put together. We plan on putting a changing pad on top rather than purchasing a separate changing table. (Our nursery is pretty tiny.)


Week 15:
Baby: The size of a pear, about 4 inches and 2.5 ounces. 

Weight: Still down two pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity Clothes: Still in my regular clothes for the most part, although I ordered some maternity pants and jeans from Kohl's and once I tried on the yoga pants, I started wearing them to work out because they were so comfortable! I've also been using the rubber band trick more and more, but still not all the time.

Boy or Girl: Not a clue!


Cravings: Not really, but I'm eating more of a variety of foods. 


Aversions: Not really too many this week. In fact, I even had an appetite for Mexican food. Unfortunately, it didn't set well in my stomach so now I'm back to avoiding it, lol.


Exercise: I've been doing Lindsey Brin's First Trimester Workout, the What to Expect When You're Expecting DVD workouts and some evening walks.

Symptoms: Still the really bad taste in my mouth, although it started improving slightly this week.

Noteworthy Events: I had my second prenatal visit with the doctor and got to hear the baby's heartbeat! That was so exciting, almost more so than the ultrasound for some reason. I loved it. Also, I think I started to feel the baby move! I had kind of a fluttery, jumpy feeling in my belly a few times when I'd lay on my side or stomach, but it was very faint. 


Week 16:
Baby: The size of an avocado, about 4.6 inches and 3.5 ounces. 

Weight: Yet still down two pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Since my belly obviously has grown, I was puzzled by this, so I took some measurements. I gained about an inch around my belly and waist, but lost about half an inch from my bottom and thighs, so that explains the growing belly/un-moving scale phenomenon. Again, I'm not trying to diet at all; I always eat when I feel hungry. I just don't have much of an appetite.

Maternity Clothes: Same as last week. Those maternity work pants are starting to look mighty tempting though...

Boy or Girl: Still not a clue!


Cravings: Not really, but I'm definitely eating a wider variety of foods. 


Aversions: About halfway through the week, I kind of lost my taste for fruit. I normally love fruit and I've been trying to eat it every day even though sometimes it leaves a weird taste in my mouth, but this week it just didn't sound very good anymore. Hoping that changes since I know it's good for me and the baby! 


Exercise: Switched over to Lindsey Brin's Second Trimester Workout, and still doing the What to Expect When You're Expecting DVD workouts and some evening walks.

Symptoms: The bad taste in my mouth eased up a little--thank goodness. Ironically, some slight nausea and gagginess made a comeback though. I felt more energy for a few days, and then lots of fatigue for the next few, probably because I pushed myself too hard. I slept A LOT over the long weekend, which felt great.

Noteworthy Events: I'm about 90% sure I've been feeling baby move. One night I was laying on my side in bed and it felt like someone was poking me with a finger gently in the abdomen from the inside. I have to say, actually feeling the baby move around makes him or her so real to me. I can't wait to get to know him or her! Also, we bought a crib and my father-in-law and husband got it put together, so the nursery is starting to look more like a (very plain) nursery!

(To read my other pregnancy posts, click here or on the pregnancy button at the top of the page.)

When did you first feel your baby move? Start wearing maternity clothes? I think it's fascinating how different we all are with this stuff even though babies develop in roughly the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment