Monday, October 2, 2017

Tot School Letter D Theme {18-24 Months}

Tot School Letter D Theme | seriously-lovely.blogspot.com

D is for: dogs, ducks, dinosaurs, dolls, donuts, digging, dolphins, deer, donkeys, dandelions, and more!

It's time for Week 4 of Tot School with the Letter D as our theme. Keep reading for ideas on activities, snacks, field trips, and more to make this week fun and successful!

I decided to simplify my plans for this week a bit, but I still found some fun ideas and I hope you'll enjoy them!

And for more information about what tot school is and why we're doing it check out my post about our Tot School Plans for 18-24 Months Old or my Tot School page, which has links to every post I've written about Tot School so far.

Activities


Sign Language/Verbal Skills

Here are our new signs for the week, words starting with "D":

Dance
Don't
Don't Like
Drink

For more ideas, check out this list on the Baby Sign Language website.

Books

*If You Give a Dog a Donut
*Dinosaur Dance
*How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You?
I Love My Dinosaur


Skill Building Activities

Magnetic Letters
This week we'll be using the letter D magnets from this magnetic letter set plus the A, B and C magnets from the previous weeks.

Three-Part/Flash Cards
As always, we're using the three-part cards from Simply Learning - here's the link to the Letter D Preschool Unit.


Other Printable Activities We're Using
I printed the letter D lacing pages from the Learning the Alphabet Letter D Printable Pack from thisreadingmama.com. However,  I cut the letters out without punching out the holes for lacing. Little Buddy is showing no interest in doing the lacing so far, so I'm just skipping that for now. I also printed the It Begins With Dd book from this pack for him to look at his week.

Crafts/Snacks/Indoor Fun


Bake/Cook Together
We finally got our Guidecraft Kitchen Helper stand set up so I'm looking forward to seeing how Little Buddy likes helping me in the kitchen.

Decorate a Paper Plate Donut
You can find the instructions for this fun craft in this blog post from Happy Hooligans.

Outdoors


Look for Dandelions
My son does this when we go outside anyway and there's plenty in our yard. (lol)

Field Trips

Visit a Donut Shop
Yum. Nuff said.

Scavenger Hunt at the Store
Little Buddy goes with me to the grocery store each week, so I plan on looking for items that start with our current letter, plus different looks for that letter on signage.


Additional Ideas

  • You can also find more Letter D inspiration on my Letter D Theme Pinterest page. (And feel free to follow me because I'll be creating boards for our future themes as well!)

Resources/Supplies


Here are the free printables we'll be using this week, as well as others that you may find useful. There are also links to the supplies we're using this week in case you'd like to give them a try.

Free Printables/Instructions

Letter D Preschool Unit from Simply Learning Kids
Learning the Alphabet Letter D Printable Pack from This Reading Mama



Supplies

magnetic letter set
twist-up crayons
Dab and Dot markers 
laminator
laminating sheets
Guidecraft Kitchen Helper stand
North American Wildlife and Pets Safari Ltd. Toob Animals

I'd love to hear what you think about our plans for the Letter D and any other ideas or suggestions you may have! Feel free to comment below.

xo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment