Wednesday, September 20, 2017

5 Easy Fall Updates for Busy Moms

Ah, fall. It never used to be my favorite season but over the last few years, fall has really grown on me. I'm looking forward to breathing in the crisp air, walking through crunchy leaves, and all the pumpkin-flavored treats I can handle! I'm also excited about switching over to makeup products and clothes that fit with the deep colors and cooler temperatures of fall.

Which brings me to our topic for today: How can busy moms include some fun fall updates into their look easily and without breaking the bank? I've got five simple ideas for you that I think you'll really love!

5 Easy Fall Updates for Busy Moms | seriously-lovely.blogspot.com


1 Plaid Shirt - Target | 2 Burt's Bees Wine Wave Lipstick | 3 Pleated Sweater - Apt. 9 at Kohl's | 4 Essie Merino Cool nail polish | 5 Solid Scarf - Target

1. Plaid {Plaid Shirt - Target}

You may have noticed that this post isn't about 5 Easy Fall Trends for Busy Moms, but 5 Easy Fall Updates for Busy Moms. I'm not a huge believer in following the trends. I will sometimes choose one here and there if I think it fits with my own personal style and budget, but many trends just aren't "me" and so I don't worry about following them. Plaid, though, is one trend that I can get on board with--for two reasons: 
  • It's budget-friendly. The top shown above is less than $25 and there are lots of similar choices out there like this Blue Plaid Shirt from Old Navy and this Plaid Jacket from Target.
  • It's a trend that never seems to really go out of style. I feel like I see plaid return every single fall. So you can invest in one or two pieces and be fairly certain you'll be able to wear them for more than just this one fall season

2. Burgundy or Plum lipstick {Burt's Bees Wine Wave Lipstick}

I know dark lipstick can be intimidating, but you don't have to go super dark to update your lip color for fall. The Burt's Bees lipstick shown above is such a pretty shade and looks like it would work with lots of different skin tones. If you're very fair (like me) you could also choose to stick with something more sheer, like the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig or Plum, rather than a full-on dark matte lipstick. And on the positive side, lip colors can be an easy and inexpensive way to update your whole makeup look for the fall season--these Burt's Bees options are all less than $10 each.

3. A Soft and Cozy Sweater {Pleated Sweater - Apt. 9 at Kohl's}

There is something supremely cozy about putting on a soft long-sleeved sweater when the weather starts turning cool. And again, you can choose a lighter-weight material if you live in an area where the weather stays fairly warm. Plus, if you choose a cardigan like the one shown above, you'll be able to wear it with different outfits, making it another budget-friendly update.

4. The Perfect Fall Nail Polish {Essie Merino Cool}

Now I'm sure everyone has their own opinion about what that would be but I'm sharing my personal favorite here: Essie's Merino Cool. I absolutely adore this purpley-gray shade and I think it screams fall. But just in case it's not your favorite or you already own it and you're looking for something new, a shimmery olive green (like Zoya's Gemma) or coppery rust color (like Zoya's appropriately names Autumn) would be great choices too.

5. A Cozy Scarf {Solid Scarf from Target}

This is another great way to add a fall vibe to your wardrobe without spending a ton of money. Invest in a great scarf or two (or more if you're scarf-obsessed like me) and add them to just about any outfit to cozy it up a bit. You can combine this with Update #1 by choosing a plaid scarf like this one from Old Navy or choose a solid color like the one shown above for more versatility. There are also lots of different texture options here so if you live in a warmer climate where a heavy knit scarf isn't appropriate, you can choose a lighter-weight variety (like this Lightweight Leopard Scarf from Old Navy) and still have a taste of fall style.

6. BONUS: Fall-Scented Body Care

If you've read this far, I have a bonus idea for you! Why not change up your body care a bit for the season with some fall-inspired scents. This Pumpkin Spice Body Cream looks luscious and so does this Spicy Vanilla Chai Body Wash. And here's a link to a Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub recipe that's super budget-friendly since you make it with ingredients that are probably already in your pantry.

I hope you've enjoyed my round-up of fall updates! Which is your favorite? Do you have an easy idea to share with me and all the other mamas out there looking forward to fall? Please tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment