Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pregnancy: Week 18

Week 18:

I'm officially four months pregnant! The fifth month begins!

Baby: The size of a sweet potato (sounds so much better than last week's sweet onion or turnip!), about 6 inches long and 7 ounces. Myelin is forming on the baby's nerves, which are developing rapidly now, and his/her ears are in place, although they stick out a bit. Baby is yawning and moving a lot more now too.

Weight: Finally gained a pound, putting me at -1 pound overall for the pregnancy.


Maternity Clothes: Yes and no. Sometimes I just want to be comfortable, so I'm reaching for maternity items, other times I'm grateful I can still squeeze into my pre-pregnancy clothes and determined to wear them as long as I can! I ordered more clothes from Kohl's thanks to a great coupon, and I can't wait to see how they turn out. Interestingly, when I first got pregnant my mom told me she didn't start wearing maternity until her fifth month and I couldn't picture that being possible for me...but it turned out to be right on!

Boy or Girl: A few more weeks of wondering!

Cravings: Chocolate and peanut butter (I've been feeling pretty stressed out at work) and sweets in general. I ate Skittles for the first time in years, lol. Other than that I'm still on the meat and veggies train. Also, I'm not sure this counts as a craving or aversion or what, but after years of preferring to drink my water at room temperature thanks to having sensitive teeth, I suddenly cannot drink it unless it's icy cold. My husband is thrilled because I'm finally keeping our water carafe in the fridge, where he's claimed it's belonged all this time, lol.


Aversions: Definitely avoiding Mexican spices and foods still. I can eat raw tomatoes but have a terrible time with any kind of tomato sauce. And now I'm avoiding room temperature beverages too.


Exercise: I finally managed to keep better track of this so I could be more specific about it. As you can see, I didn't do much over the weekend because I was just sooooo tired. I definitely felt like I needed sleep and rest more than exercise, but by Monday I was ready for a full-on workout again!

Symptoms: Lots of fatigue, lots of heartburn. Nausea and gagginess made a major comeback here and there. Also, I keep forgetting to mention that I've been experiencing shortness of breath quite a bit. This has been coming and going since very early in my pregnancy and I have a tendency to forget about it when I'm not experiencing it.

Anything Noteworthy: The fluttery feelings are getting stronger and sometimes feel more like swirls, like the baby's doing somersaults. I think I'm starting to have some round ligament pain too, although I'm getting more of an achy sensation rather than sharp pains.

What to Look Forward to Next Week: I have a doctor's appointment and I'm looking forward to hearing baby's heartbeat again! Also, my husband and I are celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary. Even though we'll be having a much more low-key anniversary than we originally planned I'm still excited about that!

Did you experience any weird changes during pregnancy like my sudden switch from room temperature to cold water? 

No comments:

Post a Comment