Thursday, December 3, 2015

Pregnancy: Week 28

Week 28:

Baby: The size of a large eggplant, about 14.8 inches long and 2.2 pounds. 

Weight: Gained about one pound again, total gain of eight pounds for the pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: For the most part, still occasionally wearing some regular tops that are really long and stretchy.

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: Getting really flat!

Wedding Ring On or Off: On--still no swelling so far.

Cravings: Nothing major.

Aversions: Still avoiding anything really spicy, tomato-based sauces, and garlic, and anything greasy/fried.


Exercise: Still just squeezing workouts in when I feel up to it. I started doing Lindsey Brin's Third Trimester workout this week and I'm amazed at how tough I find something that probably wouldn't have even put me out of breath pre-pregnancy. I like all the arm and shoulder work in it. I also ordered an exercise ball after using one in our childbirth classes and I love sitting on it while I'm on the computer or watching tv for some extra core work. Plus it seems to help with the lower back and hip pain I've been having.

Symptoms: Definitely feeling bigger and having a hard time reaching my feet. Putting on socks feels like a chore, lol. My appetite has taken another nosedive, so I'm really starting to think I'm never going to experience the ravenous hunger most pregnant women get. My emotions were a little up and down again all week and I'm still feeling really fatigued. And I'm running to the bathroom pretty much all the time.

Baby's Movement: I can definitely feel this changing as he gets bigger. I'm fairly certain that he's positioned head down down because several times I've been able to feel what I think is his bottom pressing on the upper part of my belly and sometimes when I slouch it feels like his feet are digging right into my diaphragm. I absolutely love all the little kicks and rolls and squirms though and I think it's amazing to try to track his growth just by what I'm feeling. 

Anything Noteworthy: We got a bookshelf put together for his room and I started putting some of the books and toys we've already received on it. The nursery is slowly starting to come together! 

What to Look Forward to Next Week: My next prenatal visit and we're having some company over the weekend, which should be fun! My husband's diaper party is this weekend too. 

Did you have a ravenous appetite while you were pregnant? Anybody else out there struggle like me with food just not sounding good a lot of the time, in spite of no longer having actual nausea or morning sickness? 

No comments:

Post a Comment