Friday, November 27, 2015

Pregnancy: Week 27 - The Third Trimester Begins!

Week 27:

Baby: The size of an acorn squash, about 14.4 inches long and 1.9 pounds. 

Weight: Gained about one pound again, total gain of seven pounds for the pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: For the most part, still occasionally wearing some regular tops that are really long and stretchy.

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: Getting really flat!

Wedding Ring On or Off: On--still no swelling so far.

Cravings: Nothing major.

Aversions: Still avoiding anything really spicy, tomato-based sauces, and garlic, and anything greasy/fried.


Exercise: Meh. I have good intentions, but I'm so exhausted that my workouts are pretty hit or miss.

Symptoms: Definitely feeling the belly these days. I'm getting in the habit of squatting rather than bending for the most part. I've had some pretty serious lower back pain, but only after being on my feet all day at work. Lots of fatigue and my mood hasn't been as great lately, probably as a result of that.

Baby's Movement: Lots of action in there. I can tell he's getting bigger because now I'll feel him on both sides of my belly at once, like he's stretching his arms and legs out. Also lots of rolling movements, so maybe he's doing somersaults in there.

Anything Noteworthy: can't believe I'm in my third trimester! Wow, time flies! Only three more months to go, or possibly even a little less than that. Yikes!
Had a prenatal doctor's visit this week and got to hear his heartbeat--he actually kicked the doppler which was funny. ;) My appointments will be every two weeks from here on out! We did all our childbirth classes, which was a little overwhelming. I'm glad we got them done before bad weather hits though. I learned sooo much in the pumping and returning to work class I took, so I'm really glad I signed up for it!

What to Look Forward to Next Week: Working on the baby's room. I need to clean out the closet in there so that when we have our shower in a couple of weeks I can start putting things away lol. 

Did you have your baby's room completely ready before he/she arrived? I'm starting to get a little worried that I'm not going to have as much done as I'd like. I know it's not really necessary to have art on the walls and every onesie put away, but that nesting instinct is telling me otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment