Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pregnancy: Week 26

Week 26:

Baby: The size of a coconut, about 14 inches long and 1.7 pounds. 

Weight: Gained about one pound again, total gain of six pounds for the pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: Yep! Maybe at some point I'll do a post with links to some of my favorites.

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: Flattening out more and more every day but still an innie!

Wedding Ring On or Off: On--still no swelling so far.

Cravings: Not anything that stood out.

Aversions: Still avoiding anything really spicy, tomato-based sauces, and garlic, and anything greasy/fried, mainly to avoid heartburn.


Exercise: I didn't do so hot on the workouts this week, but I did manage to take advantage of some warmer weather here to get out for some nice walks.

Symptoms: Aside from the lovely low-blood-sugar reaction I had after my glucose tolerance test I've been feeling pretty good. I haven't had pop in years and I eat very little refined sugar, so drinking 50mg of pure glucose on an empty stomach = not a lot of fun for me. I was fine for the test, thankfully, but after I'd been home for awhile I started to get shaky and by the time I made it from our office to our kitchen I came close to passing out. Fortunately I was pretty much fine once I ate and aside from some lingering fatigue and grouchiness I bounced back within a couple of days.
As long as I'm careful not to bend over too much or do too much lifting, I seem to be able to keep from having too many of the Braxton-Hicks contractions and round ligament pains. On the emotional side...I think my nesting instinct is beginning to majorly kick in. All of a sudden I feel this total need to get the baby's room ready right. now. I've been trying to rein in the crazy but it may have led to a last-minute trip up to Ikea with my husband, lol.

Baby's Movement: He was super active for about forty-eight hours after that glucose tolerance test, let me tell you. For the most part he's still kicking back and down, but occasionally he'll give a nice forward kick that I can see or feel from the outside. Also, I've noticed that he kicks my belly a lot if I'm sitting with my arm or a book or iPad resting on my belly. 

Anything Noteworthy: Did my one-hour glucose tolerance test. Also started on childbirth classes. It's kind of early in my pregnancy, but I didn't want to wait until January and risk bad weather and/or early labor, plus it was kind of a pain for me to re-arrange my work schedule, so we're doing all of our classes this week. So far I did a class on breast-pumping and returning to work and it was so helpful! 

What to Look Forward to Next Week: A routine appointment with the nurse practitioner at my ob/gyn. Finishing up our childbirth classes.

When did your nesting instinct kick in? Were there any childbirth classes you were especially glad you took?

No comments:

Post a Comment