Saturday, December 26, 2015

Pregnancy: Week 31

Sorry this post is a little belated, I'm trying to work out a good blog-writing schedule but honestly, it's tough right now. To anyone who's still reading even though my content has been majorly lacking lately--thank you so much for your patience!

Week 31:

Baby: The size of a broccoli stalk, about 16.2 inches long and 3.3 pounds. 

Weight: Gained another pound, total gain of nine pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: Still just partly starting to poke out a little.

Wedding Ring On or Off: On--still no swelling so far.

Cravings: Nothing that really stands out to me. The bad taste in my mouth finally seems to have gone away, so I did eat some things I haven't been eating a lot of lately but I would necessarily say I craved anything.

Aversions: Actually, thanks to the dysgeusia (bad taste) going away, I was able to eat pretty much what I wanted this week, although I did have to be careful not to overdo it because I'm getting a lot of heartburn, especially at night.


Exercise: I did pretty well this week. Tried to get in at least twenty to thirty minutes every day. I think I missed a couple of days in there, but I feel like I've gotten my workout groove back.

Symptoms: Still waking up every night and staying up for at least an hour, sometimes a few. It's annoying, but I think it's just going to be something I have to accept for the rest of this pregnancy. (And I guess it's good practice for life with a newborn!)

Baby's Movement: Lots of stronger movements. He likes to push against the upper part of my belly with what I hope are his feet (it would be great if he were already head-down!) at times and I feel lots of rolls and squirms when I'm lying down in bed at night. He also gets hiccups at least twice a day.

Anything Noteworthy: Went into major nesting mode this week. And I mean major. Even though I had days when I was really tired and felt like I needed to rest, I found myself doing loads of baby laundry and unpacking gifts and just generally going crazy trying to get his room in order. It's really starting to come together! Also had a prenatal visit and the doctor said everything is still looking right on track.

What to Look Forward to Next Week: Continuing to nest, lol. 

When did you start nesting? Did you find that it continued right up until you went into labor?

No comments:

Post a Comment