Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Pantone's 2016 Color of the Year

Pantone Color of the Year 2016

Did you know that every year a company called Pantone, an expert in the color industry, announces a Color of the Year? I'm always curious to see what type of shade they'll choose. The colors range pretty widely: 2013's color was the verdant Emerald, 2014's moved to the opposite side of the color wheel with the vibrant Radiant Orchid, and for 2015, Pantone chose the much more subdued Marsala.


What makes this year's selection so unique is that for the first time, Pantone's choice includes two shades: Rose Quartz, a delicate shade of pink and Serenity, a cool and soothing blue tone.

Here's a little more detail about the choices from their website:
As consumers seek mindfulness and well-being as an antidote to modern day stresses, welcoming colors that psychologically fulfill our yearning for reassurance and security are becoming more prominent. Joined together, Rose Quartz and Serenity demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace. - Pantone.com 
I love how soft and subtle these colors are. I also like that I can include them in my life a little this year with items I already own--this Essie nail polish in Bikini So Teeny and this Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Strawberry are great matches for the shades.

If you'd like more Color of the Year inspiration, check out Pantone's official Pinterest page for Rose Quartz and Serenity or this collaboration between Sephora and Pantone.

What do you think of 2016's Color(s) of the Year? Will you try to include Rose Quartz & Serenity in your life at all this year? 

2 comments:

  1. I love these colours (and I already own them in a few items and polish colours, too!) but I still preferred last year's Marsala over these. I still can't get enough of it!!

    Plus the sephora pantone collection was kinda of amazing last year - Marsala was so great for makeup!

    xo, Kait.
    www.teacupsandthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Kait! I agree the Marsala makeup line was really nice last year, Marsala was very easy to wear.
    And I just have to say, the recipes on your site look absolutely mouth-watering, yum!

    ReplyDelete