Friday, January 1, 2016

Pregnancy: Week 32

Week 32:

Baby: The size of a bok choy, about 16.7 inches long and 3.8 pounds. 

Weight: Gained another pound, total of ten pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: Poking out a little but still not noticeable through clothes.

Wedding Ring On or Off: On--still no swelling so far.

Cravings: For some reason I craved that chocolate fluff that you can get at the deli counter at the store. Unfortunately, it gave me horrific heartburn, but I still enjoyed it. ;)

Aversions: I had another good week of being able to eat pretty much what I wanted--finally! My appetite is still not much more than what it was pre-pregnancy, but it just feels good to be able to enjoy eating whatever foods I want.


Exercise: Another pretty good week, although I wasn't as consistent as I would have liked.

Symptoms: Can't remember when I last had a good night's sleep. It's not so much the waking up and needing to use the bathroom/get a drink of water, it's not being able to fall back to sleep for an hour or more (usually more) that's bothering me. My mind will start racing and refuse to shut off. I'm also finding that even though people keep commenting that I "don't look that big," I'm definitely starting to feel big. It's hard to bend over for things like shaving my legs, putting on my socks, doing simple chores, etc... Heartburn is becoming a constant problem, particularly at night. I had some lower back and hip pain, but I'm hoping a trip to the chiropractor will help with that. I also feel like I'm getting more Braxton-Hicks contractions and that they're getting stronger or more uncomfortable, but that may just be because the baby is getting bigger and tends to kick while they're happening, lol.

Baby's Movement: Still lots of stronger movements. This week, my husband and both of my parents all got to feel him having hiccups, which was awesome. Up until now, whenever anyone else would try to feel him move he'd usually get shy and stop, but I think now he's so big he can't really hide lol. He's still getting hiccups at least twice a day and sometimes they last for quite awhile. (Actually he's got hiccups right now, as I'm typing this, and it's already the second time today.) He also seems to really like hanging out on my right side--sometimes my belly will actually look lopsided because all his weight is over on the one side. And at night when I'm laying in bed, it feels like he's doing jumping jacks or something in there at times my belly moves around so much, lol.

Anything Noteworthy: We picked up our car seat/stroller and figured out how to install the car seat. (It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.) I'm still nesting away, trying to pick out the items we still need before he arrives and spending most of my free time organizing like a madwoman. I finished a craft project for his room--a yarn pom-pom ottoman that I will (eventually) try to share on the blog because I think it turned out really cute and it wasn't that hard to make. 

What to Look Forward to Next Week: Another prenatal visit and we may do our hospital tour also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment