Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Pregnancy: Week 34

Week 34:

Baby: About the size of a muskmelon, 17.7 inches long and 4.7 pounds.

Weight: I think I gained two pounds this week, for a total of 12 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: Poking out a bit more every day, still not obvious through clothes. 

Wedding Ring On or Off: On--still haven't had any swelling.

Cravings: I finally started craving carbs! I feel like a normal pregnant woman now--ha. I still have to eat lots of protein as well, but I have to say I've been loving the carbs. I made an apple cake over the weekend and my husband and I pretty much inhaled it, yum!

Aversions: Nope, none. 


Exercise: I haven't given up on exercise, but I'm definitely having a hard time fitting it in. I did a few shorter, ten minute workouts this week, and I did get in some cardio (I wanted to try Tracy Anderson's new Cardio DVD) but that's about it. I really wish that it was nice enough outside to go for walks, but right now our streets and sidewalks are coated in ice, so that's out.

Symptoms: Amazingly, my insomnia went away this week. I've had five or six solid nights of sleep! By which I mean that I still wake up once or twice to use the bathroom, but I'm able to fall right back to sleep instead of laying awake for hours on end. It feels soooo good, I can't even describe it. My heartburn was slightly better this week as well. I am noticing lots and lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, some of which are kind of painful. I also have lower back/hip/groin pain and I have to be really careful about how I move or it feels like I'm really tearing at my abdominals. I also noticed more emotional symptoms this week. I've been feeling some anxiety about labor and delivery and whether we're going to have things ready when the baby arrives. I know everyone tells me you need very little for a newborn, but I know myself, and I don't want to be distracted by a lot of items left on a to-do list when it's time to go to the hospital. 

Baby's Movement: I don't have anything to compare to, but I feel like this is a pretty active baby. He rolls around in my belly a lot and I feel kicks and punches pretty much any time I'm sitting or lying down and even when I'm standing now. I love it, but I will admit that sometimes it gets pretty uncomfortable and I'm trying not to imagine what it will feel like as he gets bigger. Those rib kicks are no joke!

Anything Noteworthy: We bought our swing/bouncer and have it put together and ready. We also purchased a few other items that are still sitting in their boxes because we won't need them right away. We went and did our hospital tour, which did a lot to ease my mind. It's nice to be able to picture where we'll be going when the big day comes. 

What to Look Forward to Next Week: There's still a list of things we need to have before baby arrives, one of which is a bassinet, so I want to purchase those and hopefully get them set up and ready to go. I also really need to work on my hospital bag. I'd still love any advice anyone could give on that front!



Moms, did you feel more anxiety as you got closer to your due date? Did anything help you feel calmer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment