Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Pregnancy: Week 35

Week 35:

Baby: About the size of a small spaghetti squash, 18,2 inches long and 5.3 pounds.

Weight: I think I gained about two pounds again pounds this week, for a total of 14 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: Poking out a bit more every day. Depending on what I'm wearing, you can sometimes see it through my clothes now. 

Wedding Ring On or Off: On--still haven't had any swelling.

Cravings: Pineapple, whole milk, Mexican food. (Pretty much all the foods I couldn't eat for most of my pregnancy.)

Aversions: None, yay! 


Exercise: I did a lot better this week, partly because I made it a priority and partly because I've been sleeping so much better and getting up earlier. I've been switching between Lindsay Brin's 3rd Trimester workout, some Tracy Anderson arm workouts, and the What to Expect workouts.

Symptoms: Lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions and some really painful round ligament pain. It's getting really hard to change positions in bed at night without triggering sharp, shooting pains in my abdomen. Lots of heartburn--thank goodness for Rolaids. My belly is really starting to itch as the skin stretches more, plus the cold weather probably doesn't help. I've also had a lot of nasal stuffiness but no other cold symptoms, so I think this is a pregnancy thing to. I'm starting to feel like my joints are loosening up a lot too.

Baby's Movement: He's still getting hiccups a lot. So far five times in one day is the record! I can tell he's getting bigger and his movements tend to be more squirmy with fewer kicks. He's still fairly active though, and almost always moves around if I'm sitting or laying down.

Anything Noteworthy: We've got just about everything we need to bring our little guy home. My husband's workmates bought our pack n play, which we will be using as a bassinet for him to sleep in when he first comes home. That was one of the last necessities we needed to get. Next on my list is getting our hospital bag put together.

What to Look Forward to Next Week: I'll be getting weekly checkups from now on and they'll start checking to see if I'm making any progress toward labor. Yikes! His room is really coming together. We have all the furniture that I think we'll be purchasing and now I just need to get things organized and hang some artwork. 

I'd still love to hear any tips on what to pack/not pack in our hospital bags. There are lots of lists out there but if anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment