Monday, November 16, 2015

October Slow Cooker Challenge -- Results

October Weekly Slow Cooker Challenge | seriously-lovely.blogspot.com

Soooo, I know November is already halfway over, but I thought I'd still go ahead and do a follow up to my October Slow Cooker Challenge and let you know how it went.


It definitely make me more conscious of using my slow cooker and I tried three new recipes during the month, so I will call it a qualified success. There was one crazy week (the one where we had our second ultrasound appointment and found out that we're having a boy) where I just didn't cook much and didn't quite get a slow cooker meal made...but aside from that, I did use my slow cooker the other three weeks in the month.

The recipes I ended up trying were:

Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing from The Cozy Cook:



Thoughts on this recipe: I really enjoyed this one for the most part. It was definitely easy to throw together and really warm and comforting to come home to this time of year. The only change I would make next time would be to just cook the green beans on the side, probably in the microwave at serving time. I didn't really like having them mixed in with the meal and I thought it was too hard to try to figure out how to stir the meal in the crockpot without mixing them in.

Nancy's Crock Pot Chicken & Noodles from Spark People:

Thoughts on this recipe: Unfortunately this recipe didn't come with a picture and I didn't take pictures of any of these recipes when I made them through the month (#bloggerfail) so I don't have a photo of this one. It was delicious though. In fact I think this might have been my favorite of the three. It tasted homey and delicious and was just what I was craving. (In fact I'm craving it again now that I'm thinking about it!) This will definitely be a recipe I will be making again soon!

Slow Cooker "Melt in Your Mouth" Pot Roast from Joyously Domestic:



Thoughts on this recipe: I enjoyed this one too, although my husband didn't seem like a huge fan for some reason. I liked the idea of using the steak seasoning and thought it added lots of flavor to the pot roast. And the meat was deliciously tender too. The only change I made was to add an 8oz package of sliced mushrooms for some extra veggie goodness. Yum! 

After marginal success with my October Weekly Slow Cooker Challenge, I haven't used my slow cooker at all so far in November, but just thinking back on these meals motivates me to want to get it out and make something yummy! Maybe I'll have to set myself another challenge in one of the upcoming months.

Do you use your slow cooker regularly? Have any great recipes to share? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment