Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pregnancy: Week 39

Week 39:

Baby: About the size of a small watermelon, 20 inches long and 7.3 pounds.

Weight: Gained one pound this week, total of 18 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: It's basically an outie at this point, and visible through my clothes. 

Wedding Ring On or Off: On, and I didn't really have much swelling this week.

Cravings: Still craving lots of sweets, especially things that are creamy and vanilla, like vanilla pudding, whipped cream, etc...

Aversions: Spicy food. After craving it for a few weeks, it has absolutely no appeal to me at all again. I've been wanting blander food.


Exercise: I slowed down a bit this week and focused more on just staying limber and doing lots of stretches. I'm trying to do lots of tailor-sitting, squatting, pelvic lunges, and sitting on my exercise ball as much as I can.

Symptoms: A little bit of a hard time falling back to sleep when I wake up during the night. Definitely still feeling more emotional than I had been most of the pregnancy, especially after my doctor's appointment last week where I was told I basically have made no progress toward labor. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it was discouraging anyway. I did have some painful contractions and off later in the week and over the weekend. I also have had some back cramps on and off. Those were new symptoms for me, so I'm hoping they're a sign things are moving along, albeit slowly. 

Baby's Movement: He's been a little less active, probably because it's so tight in there for him now. Every once in awhile he'll still give me a good kick in the ribs, but mostly I'm just feeling squirms and stretches and rolls. A few times when he was really active I'd look down and just marvel at the way my belly was stretching and rolling.

Anything Noteworthy:  I'm posting this on my official due date, 2/16/16!!! I really didn't expect to make it all the way to my due date, so it's a little surreal. But it also feels surreal to think that within the next week or so I'm going to be holding this baby in my belly in my arms! 

What to Look Forward to Next Week: Hopefully our little guy will find the exit soon and make his appearance!!! I have an appointment today that will include a non stress test and fluid level check and I'm just hoping we pass with flying colors. I really do not want to be induced, so I'm counting on our little guy and my body to go into labor naturally before it becomes an issue!

Did anyone else go past their due date? Did you find anything that you thought helped to bring your labor on naturally? A lot of people have told me to walk, and I may try that even though it's freezing outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment