Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pregnancy: Week 38

Week 38:

Baby: About the size of a leek, 19.6 inches long and 6.8 pounds.

Weight: Gained another couple of pounds this week, total of 17 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: At times it's completely an outie now and actually shows through my clothes. 

Wedding Ring On or Off: On, although there were a couple of times that my fingers swelled slightly and I had a hard time working them off.

Cravings: Sour Patch Kids and Peanut M and M's, vanilla pudding, Oreo pie--lots of sweets this week all of a sudden.

Aversions: None, yay! I actually ate a few Doritos at a Super Bowl party. Back in my first trimester, the smell of Doritos was the one smell that actually sent me running from a room during the worst of my morning sickness.


Exercise: Still switching between Tracy Mallett's Fit Pregnancy Third Trimester workout, Lindsay Brin's Third Trimester workout and What to Expect workouts. I've never been a huge fan of Tracy Mallett, but I have to say I really like this workout and wish I would have tried it sooner in my pregnancy. I will definitely be looking to see if she has a post-pregnancy workout I can try!

Symptoms: The heartburn eased up a little. My lower back and hip pain came and went, but wasn't too bad. Mostly I'm just feeling "big" these days. I find myself bumping into things with my belly, it's pretty impossible to bend over at all, it's hard to roll from side to side and get out of bed, and I fill up fast when I eat. In the evenings, I have a really hard time finding any position to sit and relax in. I know this is inevitable at this stage of pregnancy, of course, and I'm super-grateful that it took me this long to get this uncomfortable!

Baby's Movement: He's still pretty active, but definitely running out of room. There's not a lot of force behind his punches and kicks these days, although they can be a little painful because they tend to be right up against my ribs or diaphragm or whatever else he's hitting in there, lol.

Anything Noteworthy:  The doctor skipped checking me again this week, so no news about any progress towards labor. I have noticed some stronger Braxton-Hicks contractions, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Aside from packing my hospital bag, which I still haven't done, we're pretty much ready for our little guy to arrive, at least when it comes to having all the basics. 

What to Look Forward to Next Week: The doctor said she will definitely be checking me this week, so I'm hoping she'll have some good news! 

Did you notice yourself getting more emotional as you approached your due date? I've actually been on a pretty even keel throughout my pregnancy but these last couple of weeks my emotions have definitely gotten a lot more sensitive. I'm guessing that's pretty normal considering the gigantic life change ahead of us though!

No comments:

Post a Comment