Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Body Shop Aloe Skin Care Review -- Part 2

About a year ago, I wrote a review of my favorite products from The Body Shop's Aloe Skin Care range. I've tried a few more products since then, so I thought I'd write an update.

The Body Shop Aloe Skin Care Review -- Part 2 | seriously-lovely.blogspot.com


As you can see above, I finally tried the Aloe Body Butter; in fact, I used it all winter. I've been mainly using a lighter lotion since the weather warmed up, but I absolutely loved using this in the cold weather. It's very creamy and easy to blend into your skin. And I like that it's unscented, not only because it cuts down on the amount of chemicals involved but also because it doesn't compete with whatever perfume I want to wear. Speaking of chemicals, this is one of the only body butters from TBS that doesn't contain parabens, so that's another point in it's favor.

I had tried a sample of the Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion SPF 15 in the past and not been impressed by it. I felt like my skin ended up shiny at the end of the day when I wore it. But I gave it another try recently and I've been really liking it. I haven't been noticing the problem with the shininess at all. I alternate between using this and another TBS moisturizer with SPF under my makeup every morning. Like all the aloe products, it's gentle and hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation for me. And I definitely think it's important to wear SPF everyday, especially since I have fair skin that freckles and burns easily

I also tried the Aloe Vera Eye Defense. I like this product, but I can't say that it wows me. It's very gentle and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. It adds a nice bit of extra moisture to my under-eye area, but I'm not sure that I can see much of a difference from any other eye cream I've used.

I'm still using the night cream, cleanser, and toner from the Aloe line that I mentioned in my first post. The Aloe products remain among my favorites. How about you? Do you enjoy using any products from The Body Shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment