Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Body Shop Aloe Skin Care Review

Have you ever used any products from The Body Shop? I'm a big fan of their Aloe Skin Care line, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on my favorite products from the line today.

The Body Shop Aloe Skin Care Review - seriously-lovely.blogspot.com
I went through a period of time several years ago when my skin was extremely sensitive. For a long time, I stuck to just a few facial skincare products, afraid to try anything different and have a flare-up. Eventually, my skin calmed down considerably and I started to get more interested in trying new things. I realized that the Cetaphil cleanser I'd been using, while excellent for sensitive skin because it's so gentle, wasn't really doing the job of removing my makeup very well.


I was already a fan of The Body Shop's body butters and shower gels and I decided to give their Aloe Skin Care products a try. I've been hooked ever since. Above you can see pictured the items I've tried so far.

The Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser does a great job of removing makeup and other gunk from my face at the end of the day. (I still think Cetaphil is a great product and I use it to wash my face in the morning, when I don't need to remove any makeup.) I follow up the cleanser with the Aloe Calming Toner. I used to think toners were kind of pointless, to be honest, but this toner completely changed my mind. 

I use the Aloe Soothing Night Cream pretty much every night -- except for those nights when I use the Aloe Protective Restoring Mask. I can't really tell a huge difference between the two, to be honest. The night cream is so rich and moisturizing on its own that I may not bother replacing the mask when I run out of it.

The Aloe Gentle Exfoliator was my most recent purchase from the line. It's definitely very gentle, perfect for sensitive skin. If you prefer a more abrasive exfoliator, this might not work for you.

The Body Shop has recently added some new products to their aloe line and I can't wait to try them. There's a protective serum and a soothing gel that I tried in the store and really liked. I've also heard good things about the lip care. And they also have aloe body care products - the salesperson at my local store told me the Aloe Body Butter is fantastic for sunburns.

Are you a fan of The Body Shop's products? If so, please share your favorites (or favorites from any other line) below!

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried this line but also have heard great things about it! I'm interested in the mask, since sometimes my skin is too sensitive for a clay mask. I have tried the lip balm in the line before but it didn't really do much for me. I find it great for windy conditions since it seems to mostly protect rather than nourish.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariam, thanks for your comment! I think this mask is great for sensitive skin because it's so gentle. It is definitely more of a moisturizing mask though. I have also used The Body Shop's Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Mask when I wanted a cleansing mask and found it to be gentle enough for my skin as well. I still haven't tried the lip balm, but it's going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete