Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pregnancy: Week 33

Week 33:

Baby: About the size of a pineapple, 17.2 inches long and 4.2 pounds.

Weight: Didn't gain any weight, total of 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Boy or Girl: Boy!

Belly Button In or Out: Poking out a bit but you can't tell through clothes yet. 

Wedding Ring On or Off: On--still haven't had any swelling.

Cravings: I really didn't have any cravings, but I'm loving that I can eat pretty much normally and get more variety in my diet.

Aversions: Nope, none. Again, this is such a nice relief!


Exercise: Meh. I got distracted a lot again this week. I definitely need to make exercise a priority, otherwise it gets shoved aside by other things.

Symptoms: Heartburn, insomnia, some lower back and hip pain (this lessened after a trip to the chiropractor though), lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions and some round ligament pain. Also, my belly is starting to get really itchy. I'm using a belly oil in the morning and a butter at night, but sometimes I have to re-moisturize during the day to help with the itchiness. I think it's probably a combination of stretching skin and the dry weather.

Baby's Movement: Lots of squirming and rolling. He still loves to hang out on my right side which can be veeeery uncomfortable at times. I swear, sometimes I think he's trying to push his way right out of my belly. I love that I feel him moving more often though and it's absolutely amazing to track his growth just by the way his movements have changed. He is obviously growing and taking up more space now and I don't blame him for kicking me when I try to bend over, for example.

Anything Noteworthy: Had another prenatal checkup and everything's looking good. He kicked the doppler wand again when the doctor was listening to his heartbeat--this cracks me up every time he does it. 

What to Look Forward to Next Week: I'm continuing to work on the baby's room and I also need to purchase a few items we still need to be ready for his arrival. We're planning on doing our hospital tour this weekend and we need to get our hospital bags packed and ready too. Speaking of which...

Does anyone have any tips for absolute must-have items to include in our hospital bags? Or items that are a total waste of space? I'd love any and all advice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment