Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pregnancy: Week 19

Week 19:

Baby: The size of a mango, about 6 inches long and 8.5 ounces. Baby is covered in vernix caseosa to protect him/her from getting water-logged in the amniotic fluid. Baby's legs have gotten longer, and his/her nerves are developing, allowing for purposeful movement.

Weight: Gained another pound, which puts me at my pre-pregnancy weight. I asked the doctor about my lack of weight gain so far at my appointment this week and she seemed completely unconcerned about it, so I'm not going to worry about it either.

Maternity Clothes: Wearing some maternity and some non-maternity. Leaning more toward maternity with every passing day though. One thing that surprised me is that my tops are often more of a problem than my bottoms. They just don't quite lay right or they already seem too short. I definitely expected to give up my jeans before I moved into maternity tops, but it is what it is.

Boy or Girl: Two more weeks! Seriously, the waiting to find out is driving me bonkers!

Cravings: I've been eating lots of hot ham and cheese pitas this past week. It just always sounds good. Also still eating lots of veggies, especially tomatoes and baby carrots (which is unusual because I'm not really a big fan of raw carrots normally.)


Aversions: Still avoiding anything really spicy, tomato-based sauces, and garlic.


Exercise: Hit-and-miss again, thanks to continuing fatigue. I did get some good workouts in there though and one day I did a couple of dance workouts from Tracy Anderson's Cardio Dance for Beginners DVD, which felt great. I didn't get out on as many walks this week though and I missed them

Symptoms: Fatigue--I honestly feel like I cannot get enough sleep, no matter what I do. I think I would feel better if I had time to take naps in the afternoons. The dysgeusia finally improved, mainly because I changed some of my eating habits. I've been trying to keep my meals a lot leaner and include healthy fats like nuts or chocolate as snacks separately from my meals. This seems to help a lot with the acid reflux.

Anything Noteworthy: Lots more movement and it's much easier to tell it's the baby. Got to hear the heartbeat again this week, love that sound! My husband and I celebrated our tenth anniversary this week too. We went out to eat and had fro-yo for dessert and we're going to the symphony this next weekend as part of our celebration.

What to Look Forward to Next Week: The symphony! 

Did you have more energy during your second trimester or were you pretty much always ready for a nap, like I am? How did you control your curiosity while you were waiting to find out if you were having a boy or a girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment