Saturday, January 28, 2017

Going Greenery (Pantone's 2017 Color of the Year)

A few years ago, my mom told me about Pantone's tradition of choosing a Color of the Year. Since then, I've gotten a kick out of seeing what their selection is each year. For 2016, they chose a dual shade for the first time. This year, they went back to a single color--a bright yellow-green called Greenery.

Pantone's 2017 Color of the Year: Greenery
image via Pantone

It seems like a fitting color given how interested people are in simplifying and getting back into nature. I can't picture myself wearing the color or decorating with it, but it's one of those colors that will pop up naturally--in a vibrant salad made with fresh lettuce, as new growth on the shrubs in our yards this spring, and as blades of newly-mown grass all summer long. 

What do you think of "Greenery?" Do you plan to incorporate it into your year at all? I'd love to heard from you in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment